[Openswan Users] ipsec0 device

Jax cybercorecentre at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 02:02:56 EDT 2007

Vince John wrote:
> Hello there~~
>
> My connection comes up all the way, and works, even, but I never see an
> ipsec* device appearing anywhere.
> For firewalling and routing reasons I do need one.
> I have tried both
>          interfaces="ipsec0=eth0"
> and
>         interfaces=%defaultroute
> but nothing. Not with ifconfig, not in /proc/net/dev.
>
> Any idea what I am overlooking/forgetting?

There is no ipsec interface in transport mode. As for tunnel mode I
don't know atm but u can still firewall the connection by dropping that
subnet to a different iptables chain. As for the outside you can pass
the traffic to your other ipsec gw, prot 50,51 udp 4500, 500 etc check
somewhere the ports.

> Vince

Jax