[Openswan Users] ipsec0 device

Vince John vince at zworg.com
Sat Mar 17 03:41:38 EDT 2007

> You won't see that in openswan 2.4.7 (or 2.4.8rc1) anymore.
Right, I clearly see NETKEY with Openswan 2.4.7.
I also upgraded to debian kernel 2.6.20.1 with iptables 1.3.7.

However, KLIPS only being available as a patch, and me being not too
experienced at baking new kernels, I am confused as to how to go about
this. There is a Wiki and a README, and neither procedure seems correct.
The Wiki procedure reports that some hunks are failing or ignored (which
as a geek I would not mind except that I really would like KLIPS to
work)  and the README refuses to make modules.
So it is either a load of these:

The next patch would create the file ...<some file>,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n]
Apply anyway? [n]
Skipping patch.
1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file <some other file>.
or: Hunk #1 FAILED at 1. if I answer y  to apply anyway.

or one of these:
make: *** No rule to make target `modules'.  Stop.

And after the failing hunks make menuconfig does not work any more -
have to start all over (well from a previous working version).

Suggestions....?

Vince

--
Free e-mail accounts at http://zworg.com