[Openswan Users] Roadwarrior windows xp client to Openswan Linux server and finally to windows xp client

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Mon Mar 12 19:07:45 EDT 2007

Jure Baznik wrote:

> I have this network:
>
> Windows xp client 1
> Openswan server                        Windows Xp client 2
>
> Internet                                                             lan
> eth0: 193.2.76.229
> ------------------------------------------------- eth0: 193.2.76.224
> -------------------- eth0: 10.10.10.3

Your diagram is a bit garbled. Do you mean you have a VPN server,
with one remote XP client and one local XP client on your LAN? And
your LAN is 10.10.10.0/24? There are two 10.10.10.1's in your diagram,
that can't be right. And there are no eth0/eth1's in Windows :-)

> I want to connect from Windows Xp client 1 ( who act as roadwarrior) to
> Windows Xp client 2

Remember that XP has a built-in firewall. You may have to open ports
for the application that you want to use.

>     rightsubnet=vhost::no,%priv

Typo. rightsubnet=vhost:%no,%priv

> ip range = 10.10.10.2-10.10.10.254

That's a fairly extensive range. This will probably interfere with the
systems on your LAN. Better reduce this to the actual number of VPN users
that you expect, e.g. 10.10.10.240-10.10.10.254

> local ip = 10.10.10.1

Seems to be taken by eth1. You have to use a free IP address for this,
say 10.10.10.2.

> xpclient1     *         "xpclient1"     193.2.76.224
> *         xpclient1     "xpclient1"     193.2.76.224

No, the client authenticates with the IP address assigned by pppd,
so this should be something like:

   xpclient1 * "xpclient1" 10.10.10.0/24

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl