[Openswan Users] One Way Traffic Flow?

Ben Batten benbatten at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 09:33:17 EST 2007

Hi Paul--

I think I'm looking at a busted NATT config, as you previously
suspected, but wanted to run it by folks who may know better.  I keep seeing
a "udp_encap_rcv(): Unhandled UDP encap type: 1" message.  The SA
establishes itself and I see the UDP encapsulated traffic going into
the linux 2.4.21 endpoint but no return traffic (e.g., ping replies, etc.).

When I tried a clean natt-patch and build of the 2.4.21 kernel I get a bunch
of hunk-failed messages, I think only a couple succeed.  I could probably
upgrade within the 2.4.x series kernels but that may not be able to happen.
Is there a patch that is known to work or a workaround?  I tried both the
2.4.7 and 2.4.8rc1 natt patches and both failed the same way.  I saw a
Mandrake workaround listed when I searched the wiki but the link is broken.

Thanks!

Ben--