[Openswan Users] one way tunnel

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Thu Jun 21 09:03:25 EDT 2007

Are you sure your leftsubnet is 192.0.2.0/24, 192.168.2.0/24 makes more sense.

Otherwise, looks fine, tunnels work both ways, so I would guess you likely
Have a firewall problem dropping the packets.
Make sure you have firewall rules in iptables to allow the
Private traffic from the other site.

Do you have openswan on both sides or just one side?
If one which side and what is on the other side?

Are you pinging from a host on the subnet or from the ipsec router?
If from the router add leftsourceip=192.0.2.? (router lan ip.) and
rightsourceip=192.168.10.? (other router lan ip)

ipsec --version should tell you if your using klips or netkey (native),
ipsec in the kernel. You need to know this because the firewall rules
Differ depending on which.

Be sure to add FORWARD and possibly INPUT rules for -s 192.0.2.0/24 (or 192.168.2.0/24).

Peter