[Openswan Users] Persistent connection for VPN connection

Peter Njiiri pnjiiri at novell.ae
Mon Jun 18 15:39:38 EDT 2007

The connection is Gatewat-to_gateway connection using FreeSwan (ipsec.conf) will adding the rekey=yes line work for FreeSwan? Thanks for the feedback

Regards,Peter

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007, Peter Njiiri wrote:

> I just need to know how a persistent connection can be established when VPN is up. I always have to restart the VPN after some hours as it seems that the SA connection/handshake is dropped?Is there a line that can be added into the ipsec.conf file??? I need the VPN to be running consistently 24-7?

If you use rekey=yes (the default!) then it should work already. If this is a roadwarrior connection,
then the roadwarrior has to initiate the rekey and the server should use rekey=no.