[Openswan Users] NEKEY 2.6.18 subnet2subnet problem

Adrian Gruntkowski adrian at ima.pl
Fri Jun 15 11:39:27 EDT 2007

Hello,

After solving the problem with roadwarrior setup (thanks again guys)
another problem occured.
It seems that after switching from KLIPS to NETKEY, my subnet to subnet
connection stopped working. It's tunnel established between
the openswan and linksys BEFSX41 router. Setup on Linksys
was left untouched. Below is configuration for that connection:

conn Conn_nettonet
        authby=secret
        left=12.34.56.98
        leftsubnet=10.53.51.0/24
        leftnexthop=12.34.56.97
        right=21.43.65.154
        rightsubnet=10.0.1.0/24
        auto=add
        keyingtries=3

Connection is established succesfully. However when I try to
ping host on the remote host the router one hop after the server
returns network unreachable message.
What I've noticed is that the packets are not sent through
the tunnel but directly through public interface
(I see attempts to send icmp echo to 10.0.1.X on public interface
eth0).

There's following entry in routing table after establishing connection:

10.0.1.0/24 via 12.34.56.97 dev eth0

What may be wrong here?

Greetings,
adrian at ima.pl