[Openswan Users] Need your help related to l2tpd-openswan

Utkarsh Shah utkarsh at elitecore.com
Wed Jun 13 06:18:50 EDT 2007

Hi,

Currently we are using l2tpd 0.9 and openswan 2.4.5.
We would like to achieve two major requirements
1. When L2TP server is behind NAT box, it doesn't work.
2. MS-CHAP or CHAP protocol support, in case of external authentication.
    i.e. we have radius server to authenticate user. if user selects
chap or ms-chap at l2tp client, password will be passed encrypted.
    and we are not be able pass decrypted password and at external
server we need plain password.

Currently I do DNAT for l2tp request i.e. for port 1701, as it is
suggested at jacco's site
(http://www.jacco2.dds.nl/networking/openswan-l2tp.html).

Please guide me to achieve above requirement. Will xl2tp will help ??
 From where can I get document related to xl2tpd?

Thanking you,

Utkarsh Shah.