[Openswan Users] Need help to build Openswan2.4.8

Utkarsh Shah utkarsh at elitecore.com
Wed Jun 6 00:57:33 EDT 2007

Hi Paul,

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Utkarsh Shah wrote:
>

>> Currently I am using Openswan2.4.5 and planning to move on openswan2.4.8
>> When I compile new version I am facing few problems. Kindly guide me to
>> resolve it.
>> we are using kernel 2.6.16.13
>>
>> 1. There is a patch for Klips nat-t
>>    when I try to apply it give me error for swan26 directory structure.
>>

> It is easiest to just fix those manually. It is probably a minor issue. It's
> hard for us to release a nat-t patch that works on every kernel, though we
> will be releasing patches per kernel in openswan 2.5.x

can u guide me how to fix nat-t patch manually.. where are those files
located...
what can be expected date on which 2.5.x will be released ???
>> 2. When I try to compile kernel module it compiles successfully but gives this
>> error
>> *** Warning: "ipsec_cryptoapi_init"
>> [/home/utkarsh/openswan-2.4.8/modobj26/ipsec.ko] undefined!
>> *** Warning: "KLIPS_ERROR" [/home/utkarsh/openswan-2.4.8/modobj26/ipsec.ko]
>> undefined!
>>

> Try without using CONFIG_KLIPS_ENC_CRYPTOAPI ?

I looked for CONFIG_KLIPS_ENC_CRYPTOAPI and i found it n except testing
structure and i think its for testing part
/linux/net/ipsec/defconfig:CONFIG_KLIPS_ENC_CRYPTOAPI=n
./packaging/makefiles/module.defs:CONFIG_KLIPS_ENC_CRYPTOAPI=n
./testing/kernelconfigs/umlswan26.config:CONFIG_KLIPS_ENC_CRYPTOAPI=n
./testing/packaging/modtest-cryptoapi-01/defconfig-cryptoapi:CONFIG_KLIPS_ENC_CRYPTOAPI=y
./testing/packaging/modtest-cryptoapi-02/defconfig-cryptoapi:CONFIG_KLIPS_ENC_CRYPTOAPI=y

is there any other location where I need to do change or any other
change ???
> openswan 2.5.x (or perhaps only as of 3.x.x.) will always use cryptoapi and
> klips will no no crypto code itself.
>
> Paul

Regards,
Utkarsh Shah