[Openswan Users] Tunnel in tunnel question

Administrator admin at different-perspectives.com
Sat Jun 2 13:43:03 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm running IPCop firewall and have an openswap VPN between two sites.  The
sites have multiple subnets behind the firewalls (intranet, dmz etc.), and
the VPN connects the two intranets.  I'd like to provide access across the
openswan vpn to the dmzs from the other site.  What is the best way to do
this?

IPCop's VPNs have a policy of dropping anything which is for the "wrong"
subnet.

I've tried adding eroutes / routes through the VPN tunnel, which didn't
work.  I've read the documentation, and can't see anything which would help
me.

Is it possible to simply create a tunnel (encrypted or non-encrypted) within
the vpn tunnel to carry the other traffic, or should I create another tunnel
(preferably using the same certificates) to carry this other traffic?

Many thanks in advance
David