[Openswan Users] openswan to Instagate

Peter McGill petermcgill at goco.net
Fri Jun 1 09:27:08 EDT 2007

> Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:02:59 -0400
> From: ACasella <antony.casella at sand.com>
> Subject: Re: [Openswan Users] openswan to Instagate
> To: users <users at openswan.org>
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I've tried the suggested configuration and
> I'm not getting anything different back from the instagate appliance.
> I've turned on "debug" mode on the instagate and this is the output:
>
> Is there any other debugging information that I can provide from the
> openswan side that might be of help?

On the openswan machine, execute the following and copy the results into
The message body.
ipsec --version
And
ipsec verify

Also, make sure that plutodebug and klipsdebug are both set to none in conf.
(Normally there is enouph info in the normal logs, debug options just make
Longer and harder to read, so leave them off unless asked to set them.)
Then, restart openswan and attempt to connect again.
Use the following to find the logs:
egrep -e 'pluto' /var/log/*
Send us the full pluto logs for your last restart and connection attempt
that you just did, in the message body too.

Peter