[Openswan Users] openswan to Instagate

Andy Gay andy at andynet.net
Fri Jun 1 09:07:30 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 14:11 -0400, ACasella wrote:

> 2007 May 31 13:49:17 instagate
> 2007 May 31 13:49:17 instagate **** RECEIVED  FIRST MESSAGE OF MAIN MODE ****
> 2007 May 31 13:49:17 instagate
> 2007 May 31 13:49:17 instagate <POLICY: > PAYLOADS: SA,PROP,TRANS,TRANS,TRANS,TRANS,VID,VID,VID,VID,VID,VID,VID
> 2007 May 31 13:49:17 instagate
> 2007 May 31 13:49:17 instagate ERROR# NO MATCHING ISAKMP PROPOSAL FOR DIALUP CASE
> 2007 May 31 13:49:17 instagate
> 2007 May 31 13:49:17 instagate SENDING NOTIFY MSG:
> 2007 May 31 13:49:17 instagate NO_PROPOSAL_CHOSEN

I've not seen or used one of these appliances, so this is just a guess.
But I wonder if by "dialup case" it means what everyone else calls
"roadwarrior". In other words, it can't identify the peer so it's trying
to find a roadwarrior config to use, but you don't have one configured.

If that's the case, then probably your config has a mismatch in the peer
identities and/or IP addresses. Can you show us any details of the
Instagate configuration? You may want to try removing the left/rightid
settings in your ipsec.conf.

Can you also please post the Openswan logs.