[Openswan Users] Help in installing Openswan

Ankit Parikh anks.capri20 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 18:49:04 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have installed openswan 3.0.06 and OCF both, but I think, I have missed
out something in KLIPS.

The modules seems to be loaded ok !

[root at localhost ocf]# lsmod | grep crypto
> cryptosoft             12684  0
> cryptodev              14732  2
> ocf                    25520  2 cryptosoft,cryptodev
>
> and cat /proc/net/pf_key_supported give me:
>
> [root at localhost ocf]# cat /proc/net/pf_key_supported
> satype exttype alg_id ivlen minbits maxbits name
>     2      14      3     0     160     160              unknown
>     2      14      2     0     128     128              unknown
>     3      15      3    64     192     192              unknown
>     3      15     12   128     128     256              unknown
>     3      15      3    64     168     168              unknown
>     3      14      3     0     160     160              unknown
>     3      14      2     0     128     128              unknown
>     9      15      4     0     128     128              unknown
>     9      15      3     0      32     128              unknown
>     9      15      2     0     128      32              unknown
>     9      15      1     0      32      32              unknown
>    10      15      2     0       1       1              unknown

When I checked kernel config, there is no option of 'KLIPS Options'. what
could be the reason? I think I might not have followed some sequence in
installation...Can you please just describe the procedure of installation
from the beginning freshly, so that I can get the KLIPS options and OCF
options in kernel configuration ?

I would also like to describe what did I do and how was m approach from the
beginning.

I have RHEL 5 Server (kernel 2.6.18-8) and I downloaded openswan3.0.06. Here
are the following steps of how I approached:

1) copied openswan to /usr/src
2) cd /usr/src/openswan3.0.06
3) make programs
4) make install
5) export KERNELSRC=/usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-8.el5-i686/
6) make module
7) make module_install

Now, if I see /usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-8.el5-i686/crypto/ , there is no
directory of ocf. Do I need to download OCF separately and then add it to
this directory  ?

I added ocf to that directory and source "crypto/ocf/Kconfig"  to the tail
of Kconfig in /usr/src/kernels/2.6.18-8.el5-i686/crypto/ , and then saw the
kernel menuconfiguration. I could see OCF Options...,but not KLIPS
Options....

Did I miss out any patches? If yes which ones !!
How do I get KLIPS Options in kernel menuconfiguration ?

I would appreciate if everything is described from the beginning in brief.

Thank you,
Regards,
--
Ankit Parikh