[Openswan Users] VPN works internally, not from internet through NAT

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Wed Jul 25 10:13:44 EDT 2007

Hi,

25.07.2007 15:30,, Paul Wouters wrote::
> On Wed, 25 Jul 2007, Arno Lehmann wrote:
>
>>> That could be: http://bugs.xelerance.com/view.php?id=802
>>>
>>> Try the patch in openswan 2.4.9's contrib directory?
>> Now I'm slightly confused... I found a kernel patch regarding nat
>> traversal, but no contrib directory on ftp.openswan.org.
>
> The contrib directory is packaged with openswan itself, in recent
> versions.

Ah, great, I didn't notice that!

>> Applying a kernel patch is definitely not what I want - I need to keep
>> the vendor kernels on the systems I'm working with.
>
> the patch i meant is a userland patch for openswan 2.4.9.

Good, that fits much better to my situation.

Unfortunately, I don't see anything that looks promising:

balrog:~/openswan/openswan-2.4.9 # ls contrib/
_updown  checkpoint  cisco  ipcomp-patch  janus  pam.d  scripts

The only patches I see are
balrog:~/openswan/openswan-2.4.9 # find ./ -name '*.diff'
./contrib/checkpoint/openswan-2.4.0-SecureClient.diff
./contrib/ipcomp-patch/ipcomp.diff
./debian/use-bash.diff
which does not look like something I need :-(

Arno

--
Arno Lehmann
IT-Service Lehmann