[Openswan Users] Tunnel between router and web server running openswan

Langdon Stevenson langdon at lindenrow.com.au
Wed Jul 4 08:13:07 EDT 2007

Hi

I am new to openswan and need advice on how to proceed.

I have a Vigor 2900 router (with static IP) that connects my office's
LAN to the Internet.

I have a dedicated web server hosted by my ISP (running Fedora Core 4
with Openswan 2.4.4-1.0FC4.1 and a static IP)

What I would like is to create a VPN tunnel between the Vigor router and
the Fedora box, so that I can transfer files to the web server without
having to rely on FTP, sshfs or similar (lots of problems with ssh
connections dropping out).

I spent some time Googling the problem and worked through the examples
that I can find.  However I have not been able to work out how to
configure the connection.  Given that there is no LAN behind the web
server I am stumped as to how I should proceed.

Any advice or pointers to documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Langdon