[Openswan Users] Opportunistic Encryption Configuration

Dariush Zahedmanesh zahedmanesh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 04:51:11 EDT 2007

Hello swan experts,

I want provide several secure connections with opportunistic encryption
solution on openswan so:
I have setup openswan to opportunistic encryption between 2 networks. My
config comes below. The
problem is that there are no tunnels when I start ipsec (i have connectivity
between networks), and
any packets( for example 'icmp' request and reply) are clear and there
aren't any ESP sign in my
tcpdump on ipsec interface.

my system configuration information is:

linux : LFS 6.2 (without any problems)
Openswan : 2.4.8 (KLIPS)
ipsec.conf : Openswan Default configuration file with comment last line.
(../example/no_eo.conf)
#ipsec verify : Anythings (pluto, DNS TXT records, ipsec.secrets, ...) are
OK !!!
Policies files : Default openswan policies

                               192.168.10.0/24
SWAN1                        SWAN2                    192.168.100.0/24
                               ---------------------
----------------------               ----------------------
----------------------
                              |                     |
|                     |               |                     |
|                       |
                              |   subnet1      |
|                     |               |                     |             |
  subne2         |
                              |                     |
eth3|                     |               |                     |eth2
|                       |

|--------------------|192.168.10.1  |               |192.168.100.1
|------------|                       |
                              |                     |
|                      |              |                      |
|                      |
                              ----------------------
-----------------------              -----------------------
-----------------------

eth0:10.0.0.10/32            eth1:10.0.0.1/32

|                                    |

|                                    |

|                    HUB                    |

|                                               |

|          DNS Server         |

|           10.0.0.2/32        |

I guess configuration files aren't complete but, I couldn't fix it. Could
somebody please tell me who I can solve this problem?
please send me any required configuration files and notes.
Thank you.

--
Dariush Zahedmanesh