[Openswan Users] A one-interface gateway

Patrick Ford fenderdood at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 19:31:06 EST 2007

Antony,
Simply omit the sibnet entry for the side of the connection referring to
your openswan box.  i.e. left=local right=remote....

left=%defaultroute
right=1.2.3.4
rightsubnet=10.1.2.0/24
authby=secret

Best regards,

Patrick Ford

On 30/01/07, Antony Gelberg <antony at wayforth.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an offsite server which is currently firewalled on all ports
> apart from a few (smtp, ssh).  I would like to be able to set up
> openswan to access X via xdcmp, or possibly VNC (have to investigate
> pros and cons of each).
>
> But I have only ever used openswan to route between subnets, and here
> there is no subnet to access (is there?).
>
> Is openswan the wrong tool for the job?  If so, what is the right tool?
> I like the idea of openswan, because then all services are available to
> me as if the machine is under my desk.  With stunnel etc I can see
> things getting messy, especially as I might like to offer other
> services, and have multiple users connect.
>
> Antony

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in
school."
     Albert Einstein