[Openswan Users] File Sharing through VPN

Ashfaq Nadim ashfaqnadim at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 22 14:48:53 EST 2007

Dear sir(s),
I am new in VPN. thanks to you all for helping me in making sidt-to-site VPN (I could make 2 vpn boxes both with Centos4 and openswan 2.3.0....rpm). Now i can ping between 2 LAN an can use winXP remote destop also over VPN. But cannot do file sharing between 2 LAN.

Please forgive me if I am asking a very silly question, I tried to get that from archive, but failed to get thet.

here is some configuration example of one of my VPN BOX

####/ete/ipsec.conf
conn net-to-net
left=X.X.X.X # Public Internet IP address of the
# LEFT VPN device
leftsubnet=172.16.1.0/24 # Subnet protected by the LEFT VPN device
leftrsasigkey=0sAQOrJCzh+Caix..............
leftnexthop=%defaultroute # correct in many situations
right=Y.Y.Y.Y # Public Internet IP address of
# the RIGHT VPN device
rightsubnet=192.168.65.0/24 # Subnet protected by the RIGHT VPN device
rightrsasigkey=0sAQOtRosD9+48Cd..........
rightnexthop=%defaultroute # correct in many situations
auto=start # authorizes and starts this connection
# on booting
include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

###service ipsec status
IPsec running
pluto pid 2935
No tunnels up