[Openswan Users] MacOSX 10.4.8/OpenSWAN 2.4.7/xltpd 1.1.06

Stefan Denker Stefan at dn-kr.de
Sun Jan 21 18:25:22 EST 2007

On Sun, Jan 21, 2007 at 09:02:30PM +0100, Tomasz Grzelak wrote:
> Pepijn Oomen napisał(a):
> > Tomasz Grzelak wrote:
> >> So I decided to try another l2tp daemon. I used rp-l2tp. I was very
> >> satisfied with it - I didn't notice any tunnel stability problems (it
> >> worked for above 24h with no problems at all).
> > Thanks for the tip. Using rp-l2tp seems to solve my problems. I have not
> > seen any stability problems, yet. I also got a stable tunnel when
> > running on Ubuntu dapper with xl2tpd.
> that's very interesting why the problem seems to occur only to Debian.
> Maybe the Openswan developers or testers would look at the issue in some
> test lab and try to find out what is wrong or what is different in
> Debian comparing to other distributions.

I got a Debian Sarge installation using OpenSWAN 2.4.6(klips) from
backports.org and xl2tpd 1.1.05 (from sources) working without problems.

So not all Debian boxes are affected, there must be something else these
machines have in common.

Stefan
--
Ein Virus fuer Windows/ActiveX waere dasselbe, wie wenn man eine
Sabotage sabotieren wuerde. (Timo Fuchs in de.comm.internet.misc)