[Openswan Users] pluto memory leak?

Ales Klok orrie at seznam.cz
Tue Jan 16 13:39:31 EST 2007

Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
> Paul Wouters пишет:
>
>> On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
>>

>>> I see that my linux router free ram decreases every day, so I have to
>>> reboot it every 5-6 months.
>>> When I do ps ax I see that pluto size is increased:
>>>

>>> Now this is openswan 2.4.7 and kernel 2.4.34
>>>

>> There is a known memory leak when retrying conenctions with a bad
>> configuration (eg wrong PSK or PSK vs RSA auth).
>>

> Hmm. I think that I have no problems in configuration.
> It is possible that some links are not stable, can this results in
> memory leaks?

Definitely. I'm using openswan 2.4.6 on kernel 2.6.15 with 12 tunnels.
One of my locations is connected via wireless ISP and have permanent
link problems. Within one month pluto eat about 90Megs. I tried to
disable this connection in openswan and so far looks like leak is gone.
I'll try to recompile openswan with -DLEAK_DETECTIVE as Paul suggested.
/ak