[Openswan Users] comm_handle error

Juan Pablo Espino jp.espino at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 21:24:55 EST 2007

Hi,

On 1/11/07, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Juan Pablo Espino wrote:
>
> > It works fine most of the time, however, at least twice in a month all
> > the connections go down. There is an error that repeats frequently
> > while the connections are down:
> >
> > 2006-Dec 26 14:08:51 (none) pluto[1483]: ERROR: "XXX404_1"[1]
> > X.X.61.54 #271415: recvmsg(,, MSG_ERRQUEUE) on eth1 failed in
> > comm_handle. Errno 11: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> > Additional details:
> > - FreeS/Wan version: super-freeswan-1.99.8)
>
> That's like 4 year old code. Upgrade?

Yeap I agree but my problem is that I have to convince some people at
my work who don't know anything about technology.

I know there have been many improvements and new features from
freeswan 1.99 to current versions of openswan: NAT-T RFC complainant,
Dead peer detection, opportunistic encryption, etc, etc., but how can
I argue that a new version is going to manage well our vpn connections
and it isn't going to crash like our actual system. Thanks for
helping.

-Juan Pablo