[Openswan Users] Netkey or klips

Christian Horn chorn at fluxcoil.net
Fri Jan 5 13:11:07 EST 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 11:59:02AM -0500, Daren Hickman wrote:
> I am interested in the ability to choose which stack openswan uses netkey or klips.  I read in the openswan book that  in future releases that it could be configured in the ipsec.conf file.  I was wondering if it has been added yet and which version can support that functionality.

For the latest stable version 2.4.7 you should be able to choose for
yourself in compiling both netkey and klips and modules and load one of
the two bevore starting openswan. It will then use whatever is loaded of
the two.
Havent seen options to configure this, but some scripts probably contain
code to load klips or netkey-modules.
Longterm a merge of the two stacks will probably happen.

Christian