[Openswan Users] MTU again (netkey fragmentation)

Harald Scharf h.scharf at nestec.at
Wed Feb 28 12:58:02 EST 2007

The ICMP messages work well.
The Problem is: the not-fragmented packets are too big
for the ipsec tunnel.
In the routing environment, without ipsec, the packets
can get (in this example) 1420 bytes long.
When I send the same packet over the tunnel, netkey
answers with "fragmentation needed".

One and the same packet is OK for routing, to large for ipsec transfer.

Regards

Harald