[Openswan Users] OpenSWAN NetKey MTU Problem?

Juan Pablo jp.espino at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 16:45:08 EST 2007

Hi,

On 2/27/07, Paul Wouters <paul at xelerance.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Juan Pablo wrote:
>
> > Have you tried with a bigger MTU?, I had a similar situation and I
> > fixed it configuring ipsec0 with MTU=16200 bytes (or something like
> > that).
>
> don't manually set the mtu of the ipsec0 interface. It is designed to
> be much larger then the physical interface mtu. If you really want
> to change it (which really would only make sense to make it smaller
> then the physical interface mtu), use overridemtu=

Ok, I get confused here. First my mistake, I meant that I changed
overridemtu to 16260 and it worked in my case, I didn't change it
manually. Second I have  found that many people have configured it
with a large value an it have fixed some problems in some situations.
So I don't understand you said that it doesn't make sense. I
appreciate further comments.

-Juan Pablo.