[Openswan Users] Is this feasable?

Steve McKnelly thoth1890 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 13:14:37 EST 2007

Hi all,

I'm working on hardening some connections on a wireless router I
built.  Specifically, I'd like to have the wireless side use IPSec to
communicate with the router.  Here's my setup:

ath0 - Wireless Ethernet (Internal Net)
eth0 - Wire Ethernet (Internal Net)
eth1 - Wire Ethernet (External Net)

I use iptables to masq ath0/eth0 to eth1.

I read the tutorial, and it mentions adding a line to iptable to
prevent IPSec packets from escaping the box.  Maybe I'm misreading
this, but if I did that, wouldn't that prevent data at ath0 from being
forwarded to the outside connection at eth1?

Thanks,
Steve