[Openswan Users] NAT-T Patch

Toby Heywood th at tobyheywood.co.uk
Tue Feb 27 11:33:42 EST 2007

Hi,

I am attempting to patch the current kernel release 2.6.20.1 with the
NAT Traversal patch created from opwenswan 2.4.7 source code.

Following instructions in "Building and Integrating Virtual Private
Networks with OpenSwan", I created the patch file and cat'd the file and
pipe the output through patch, and received a strange message see
snapshot below:

theywood at plank:~/src/openswan-2.4.7$ KERNELSRC=/usr/src/linux
theywood at plank:~/src/openswan-2.4.7$ make nattpatch >
/usr/src/openswan-ipsec.natt.patch
theywood at plank:~/src/openswan-2.4.7$ cd /usr/src/linux
theywood at plank:/usr/src/linux$ cat ../openswan-ipsec.natt.patch | patch
-p1 -s
The next patch would create the file include/net/xfrmudp.h,
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n] y
8 out of 9 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file net/ipv4/udp.c.rej

Could someone offer any suggestions as to what might have happened, or
how I can establish what has failed so that I can report back to the
list in order to get a resolution to this problem?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Toby Heywood