[Openswan Users] Keeping tunnels up

Michael Smith msmith at cbnco.com
Mon Feb 26 09:20:20 EST 2007

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007, Benny Amorsen wrote:

> The remote end lost internet connectivity. One tunnel got restarted,
> but the others did not. Bug 452 describes the issue (at the end, after
> it was reopened), but I am not the reporter.

Hi Ben,

It looks like the dpdaction=restart fix in 2.4.8rc1 should fix this.

If you can't upgrade, does OpenWRT have cron and a proper ping or netcat
that let you specify source IP? That's all you need to keep the tunnel up
if you set dpdaction=hold.

> PW> Note that there are some fixes post openswan-2.4.7 that address
> PW> some DPD issues: #git c75967b03b2c478a612aef4ccb7e5dff6e4bdaf5:
> PW> dpdaction=restart fix [mcr]
>
> PW> Try 2.4.8rc1 ?

http://git.openswan.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=openswan.git;a=commit;h=c75967b03b2c478a612aef4ccb7e5dff6e4bdaf5

Mike