[Openswan Users] Trouble with IPSEC/xl2tpd and multiple connections

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Feb 19 17:19:19 EST 2007

On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, The Adept wrote:

> > http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/users/2006-May/009487.html

> Thanks for the link, I've read this one many times (and wonder about the GPL
> compliance)

We are complying fully to the GPL. It's not mandatory to give out modifications
of code you make to everyone. Just that you give full source and distribution
rights to those that you give it to. What we tried to do with the L2TP patch was
to get the community at large to pay in a distributed way for the money we sunk
into this patch, and do so before we received the total sum of money required
to break even. Obviously, this model did not work :(

> but it doesn't necessarily match my problem.  I have clients
> connecting from known different NAT configurations (ie, not the same lan with
> assuredly not the same internal routes/gateways) and it still fails.  The link
> references only multiple connections from the same NAT domain or from
> different NAT domains with the same gateway address on RFC1918 nets.

You will run into it if the clients behind the NAT router share the same internal
IP address too (eg 192.168.1.101 if both are using a default linksys WRT)