[Openswan Users] Trouble with IPSEC/xl2tpd and multiple connections

The Adept adept at stephans.org
Mon Feb 19 16:23:04 EST 2007

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Feb 2007, The Adept wrote:
>

>>   I've recently set up an openswan/l2tpd VPN using certificates.
>> Everything appears to work quite well except when multiple clients
>> attempt to connect simultaneously.  A single client can stay on forever
>> if another doesn't connect.  Once a second client attempts to connect,
>> both clients start renegotiating continually.   If logs would help I can
>> provide them in another email, I'm hoping I have something simple wrong
>> that I've overlooked.
>>

> http://lists.openswan.org/pipermail/users/2006-May/009487.html
>
> Paul

Thanks for the link, I've read this one many times (and wonder about the
GPL compliance) but it doesn't necessarily match my problem.  I have
clients connecting from known different NAT configurations (ie, not the
same lan with assuredly not the same internal routes/gateways) and it
still fails.  The link references only multiple connections from the
same NAT domain or from different NAT domains with the same gateway
address on RFC1918 nets.

Dan