[Openswan Users] OpenSWAN on OpenWRT not working

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Tue Feb 13 18:41:23 EST 2007

Hi there.

I thought I had everything working properly, but apparently I was
dreaming when I tested this stuff "successfully". :-)

Anyway, I'm trying to use the OpenSWAN package distributed with OpenWRT
WhiteRussian RC6, connecting to a standard Linux installation of
OpenSWAN on the other end.

Everything looks like it's configured properly--though I can't run
"ipsec verify" due to the lack of exec support.

Nevertheless, certs are loaded, tunnels come up, routes are created, and
 then... nothing.  No packets are sent out over the ipsec0 interface at
all.  Using tcpdump I can see them come in to the internal interface,
but nothing goes out at all.

I tried eliminating the firewall as a potential blocker by flushing all
the rules, to no avail. ip_forward is set.

Has anyone gotten this configuration to work?

I'm hoping I'm missing something silly and obvious.  I've attached a barf.

----
Nels Lindquist