[Openswan Users] Configuration Help

Josh jhcrowe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 13:34:07 EST 2007

Paul,

When I used the suggestion configuration information, there did not appear
to be any connection attempt from systema to systemb.  When I ran ipsec auto
--add systema-systemb  on systemb I received the following error:

fatal error in "systema-systemb": ID "%any" cannot have RSA key.

So I then modified the configuration file on systemb to include systema's
actual ip 100.100.110.2.  Then I ran  ipsec auto --add systema-systemb which
did not produce any errors.  Now when I restart ipsec on both systems I get
the following error:

"systema-systemb" malformed payload in packet
| payload malformed after IV
| 66 45 9c 32 b7 02 68 4e
"systema-sytemb" #1: sending notification PAYLOAD_MALFORMED to
100.100.110.2:4500

I appreciate your help with this very much!

Josh