[Openswan Users] Routing problem with OpenSWAN on OpenWRT

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Thu Feb 8 18:53:15 EST 2007

Hi there.

Just wondering if there's a solution to the problem Paul mentioned in
the "Routing problem" thread from yesterday.

I'm setting up a couple of VPN endpoints on WhiteRussian RC6 and the
latest available OpenSWAN 2.4.6 package (installed with ipkg).

The issue is that when OpenSWAN is started (before any tunnels are
brought up), a bogus route is added equivalent to the settings on the
WAN interface, and that route seems to interfere with the arp discovery
of any MAC addresses not already in the local neighbour table.  Once
existing arp entries expire they are no longer reachable.

I tried adding "failureshunt=passthrough" to the %default configuration
as discussed in that thread, but it didn't seem to help.

----
Nels Lindquist