[Openswan Users] Different PFS setting but can connect success

Argon_Cheng at sdc.sercomm.com Argon_Cheng at sdc.sercomm.com
Wed Dec 19 08:29:58 EST 2007

Hi,
        Is there anybody knows how to disable this feature?, I means, do
not use PFS feature if I disable it.

Best Regards
Argon Cheng
TEL: 86-512-67612332 ext: 1220

Ruben Laban <r.laban at ism.nl>
寄件人: users-bounces at openswan.org
2007-12-19 16:40

        收件人:        users at openswan.org
        副本抄送:
        主旨:  Re: [Openswan Users] Different PFS setting but can connect
success

On Wednesday 19 December 2007, Argon_Cheng at sdc.sercomm.com wrote:
>         I have two VPN stations(using openswan 2.4.4). I set PFS disable
> in left station while PFS enable in right station. But these two
stations
> can establish VPN connection success. Is there anyone know the reason?

>From the ipsec.conf manpage:

pfs

Whether Perfect Forward Secrecy of keys is desired on the connection's
keying
channel (with PFS, penetration of the key-exchange protocol does not
compromise keys negotiated earlier); Since there is no reason to ever
refuse
PFS, Openswan will allow a connection defined with pfs=no to use PFS
anyway.
Acceptable values are yes (the default) and no.

Regards,
--
Ruben Laban
Systems and Network Administrator
r.laban at ism.nl

ISM eCompany
Van Nelleweg 1
Postbus 13043
3004 HA Rotterdam
+31 (0)10 243 6000 (tel)
+31 (0)10 243 6066 (fax)
www.ism.nl

Quality Solutions - Reliable Partner
Users at openswan.org
Building and Integrating Virtual Private Networks with Openswan: