[Openswan Users] about openl2tp

coffee coffee_ccc at 163.com
Tue Dec 18 10:26:23 EST 2007

Hi Jacco
In your pages, I found that openl2tp can be set up as L2TP server or client? Is that true? The maintainer of Openl2tp said that he cannot do it with Openswan. So also I am not sure about this case. Hope you will give me a clear key :)
Another question, if i only use ipsec to protect the l2tp tunnel data, do i need establish ipsec SA by myself? My meaning is some implements like openl2tp will add SPD(use setkey) by itself and when request arrive at machine it will create ipsec SA(in fact this is done by racoon). I think all things i need to do is config openl2tp correctly. But now i've not succeeded. Maybe I've not comprehend these things. Sigh!

Thanks.

coffee