[Openswan Users] openswan and openl2tp

coffee coffee_ccc at 163.com
Tue Dec 11 09:38:09 EST 2007

Hi all,
We use openswan(ipsec) and openl2tp(l2tp) to setup vpn with windows server. There are some questions i cannot resolve.
Q:  What's the step to do it? I've think that :
first, use openswan to set up a ipsec sa with windows, so the ip packets can transport on the security tunnel;
secend, use openl2tp to set up a tunnel with windows, then make a session on it to transport ppp frame.
But in the first step, i config the "route and remote access", is it right? where is the ipsec policy?

And i fonud a plugin in openl2tp that manage the SPD (use setkey), so can i use openl2tp with openswan?

Thanks in advance
2007-12-11

coffee