[Openswan Users] NAT traversal on Openswan

Tejas Jin txjin at intelliepi.com
Fri Aug 31 16:54:26 EDT 2007

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007, Tejas Jin wrote:
>

>> 192.168.3.0/24===75.107.111.99[@firewall]...76.184.110.195[@warrior]===192.168.1.232/32
>>
>> It works now, imagine that.  The only difference was that I set up
>> virtual_private=%v4:192.168.1.0/24 instead of
>> virtual_private=192.168.1.0/24
>>

> And the logs told you there was an invalid syntax, line ignored......
>
> Paul
> .

I bet you are right.  I didn't see it because I was so fixed on the
other error message and was doing this
ipsec auto --add office
[Then I would remember that I wanted to clear the logs so I could see
exactly what the connection was]
cat /dev/null > /var/log/secure
So I never saw that error message.

I really appreciate your help.  I'll definitely read more of the book
and man pages before I go further.  A couple of things have changed
since freeswan.