[Openswan Users] Prb with xl2tpd

Tomasz Grzelak tgrzelak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 11:51:42 EDT 2007

Christophe Ngo Van Duc napisał(a):
> Dear Tomasz & all,
>

>   This did solve my problem, I am still wondering why I need to put this
> explicit parameter.
>

>   The default route gateway point to the same gateway I now use in
> leftnexthop.

Hello,

Without the line Openswan claimed the client was in the LAN on the
locally attached network interface ('ip route show' told me the truth).
The server tried to send return packets, but it couldn't have got the
client's MAC address (that's obvoius), so in fact no packets were sent.
When I added the line to the ipsec.conf, the problem disappeared,
because the server knew that the client should have been reached through
the server's gateway (A.B.C.G).

more details here:

http://www.wktpolska.com.pl/~tgrzelak/openswan/xp/troubleshooting.html

Regards,