[Openswan Users] roadwarrior over pppoe

Paulo F. Sedrez sedrez+openswan at sedrez.ods.org
Tue Aug 28 12:41:28 EDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-28 at 12:13, Peter McGill wrote:
> B is not getting a good internet connection setup, it can't find
> default route.
> Before you try to start openswan on B, make sure the internet
> connection DSL PPPoE is up and running.
> ifconfig should show an interface for the internet, probably ppp0.
> route should show a default route:
> ie) 0.0.0.0/0 gw ?.?.?.?

Actually, there is a bug introduced in version 2.4.9. It was corrected
only for 2.5.x tree, but there is a fix: check out
http://bugs.xelerance.com/view.php?id=824 .

Basically, the _startklips script expects an IP for default route; if it
is device route (e.g., "default dev ppp0"), without IP, it tries (and
fails) to use the interface address.

> Peter McGill

[...]

--