[Openswan Users] Prb with xl2tpd

Christophe Ngo Van Duc cngovanduc at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 20:33:10 EDT 2007

Dear all,

  I am encountering a problem with a roadwarrior setup with netkey
(ipsec/l2tpd/ppp/radius)

  I can establish the IPSec SA, then I use the mangling rule to forward to
l2tp:

  $IPT -t mangle -A PREROUTING -p esp -j MARK --set-mark 1
  $IPT -t nat -A PREROUTING -m mark --mark 1 -p udp --dport 1701 -j DNAT
--to internal-ip

  I am getting the following error on l2tpd side:

xl2tpd[11438]: control_finish: Peer requested tunnel 15 twice, ignoring
second one.
xl2tpd[11438]: control_finish: Peer requested tunnel 15 twice, ignoring
second one.
xl2tpd[11438]: Maximum retries exceeded for tunnel 14572.  Closing.

  A tcpdump also show me that no ESP traffic is sent back to the
roadwarrior.

  I am a little bit stuck at the moment and I don't find the solution.

  If you have any idea they are more then welcome.

Cheers,
Christophe