[Openswan Users] ipsec verify "FAILED" in FC5

Nabin Limbu nlimbu at healthnet.org.np
Sat Aug 25 08:37:01 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to install Openswan in Fedora Core 5

I have installed below package with yum
- openswan-2.4.4-1.1.2.1
- l2tpd-0.69-0.4.20051030.fc5

While issuing ipsec verify , I get below messages:
Checking your system to see if IPsec got installed and started correctly:
Version check and ipsec on-path                                 [OK]
Linux Openswan U2.4.4/K2.6.15-1.2054_FC5 (netkey)
Checking for IPsec support in kernel                            [OK]
Checking for RSA private key (/etc/ipsec.secrets)               [FAILED]
ipsec showhostkey: no default key in "/etc/ipsec.secrets"
Checking that pluto is running                                  [OK]
Two or more interfaces found, checking IP forwarding            [OK]
Checking NAT and MASQUERADEing
Checking for 'ip' command                                       [OK]
Checking for 'iptables' command                                 [OK]
Checking for 'setkey' command for NETKEY IPsec stack support    [FAILED]
which: no setkey in
(/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin)
Opportunistic Encryption Support                                [DISABLED]
which: no setkey in
(/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin)

contents of /etc/ipsec.secrets
69.88.8.14 %any: PSK "Secretpassphrase"
include /etc/ipsec.d/*.secrets

/etc/ipsec.conf and l2tpd options
As guided in documentation of official website of openswan

What should I need to do to get "OK" in above ipsec verify ?

Regards
Nabin Limbu