[Openswan Users] rsasigkey generating problem ...

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Thu Aug 23 11:21:01 EDT 2007

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007, Francois-Xavier DETOURNIERE wrote:

> I think you need more "entropy" on your system to generate random bytes.
> For me, launching a "find /" on another terminal generates enough
> entropy for RSA generation after few seconds.

I tend to do "find / -type f | xargs grep ZSGDFGDFHGSDFDSFHDFGSR > /dev/null",
which generates more disk interrupts because it reads in the entire disk.

But the same idea.

Note that you can run ipsec newhostkey --output filename on a *different* machine
that has more entropy, and then just copy the file onto the embedded device
as "/etc/ipsec.secrets"

Paul