[Openswan Users] NAT-T: reconnect to gateway fails

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Sun Aug 19 17:59:48 EDT 2007

Pepijn Oomen wrote:

> Probable cause: an orphaned IPsec SA prevents proper TCP/IP flow on
> reconnect.

I don't know if you are the only client connecting to your server and
if you are willing to do a little experiment, but here goes.

Do you happen to have a static IP? Even if you don't, let's assume your
dynamic IP address stays the same for more than an hour. Could you change

right=%any

to:

right=your.ip.addr.ess

See if the reconnection problem disappears.

> client: MacOSX 10.4.10 builtin L2TP/IPSEC client behind NAT

Haven't tried that version yet. And Apple still haven't uploaded
the source code of the new version to http://www.opensource.apple.com

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl