[Openswan Users] OpenSWAN error when trying to setting the host to host connection

Pink Princess al7ob.kelah at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 04:39:54 EDT 2007

Dear all;

I have installed Openswan 2.4.9 in Ubuntu 6.10 the Edgy Eft with kernel
2.6.17-12-generic in left host and  Ubuntu 7.04 the Feisty Fawn with kernel
2.6.20-16 generic in the right host

I have configured the IPSec for host to host tunneling and the
ipsec.configfile is as following

version 2.0

# basic configuration

config setup

interfaces=%defaultroute

#klipsdebug=all

#plutodebug=control

 conn %default

authby=rsasig

 conn west-east

left=192.0.2.2

right=192.0.2.9

type=tunnel

leftrsasigkey=0sAQODB.........

rightrsasigkey=0sAQO...........

auto=start

#Disable Opportunistic Encryption

include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

setting up the connection and testing is was perfectly working....

What I am trying to do is to add new cipher to be used in ESP instead of AES

so I was just trying to rename all the AES with another name ... and I got
this error

root at mastercsci-laptop:/etc/init.d# ipsec auto --up west-east
117 "west-east" #48: STATE_QUICK_I1: initiate
010 "west-east" #48: STATE_QUICK_I1: retransmission; will wait 20s for
response
010 "west-east" #48: STATE_QUICK_I1: retransmission; will wait 40s for
response
031 "west-east" #48: max number of retransmissions (2) reached
STATE_QUICK_I1.  No acceptable response to our first Quick Mode message:
perhaps peer likes no proposal
000 "west-east" #48: starting keying attempt 2 of an unlimited number, but
releasing whack

even the ping command is not working..

any one have any idea about how to add a cipher to be used in encryption
algorithm

regards