[Openswan Users] When i try to build a IPSec connection, i got EVENT_CRYPTO_FAILED and discarding packet received during asynchronous work (DNS or crypto) in STATE_MAIN_R1

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Mon Aug 13 20:49:50 EDT 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, mix wrote:

> I add the nhelpers=0 and restart the openswan process.
> When i active the windows IPSec rule. After few seconds, the openswan will restart itself.(if i remove the nhelpers config,
> openswan won't restart itself.)

Which version of openswan is this?
If this is 2.4.9 or 2.5.13+, please provide us with a gdb trace of the core dump
for analyses why openswan crashes. Without that, it is next to impossible for
us to help you further.

> config setup
> interfaces="ipsec0=eth0"
> protostack=klips

So this is 2.5.13?

> #Disable Opportunistic Encryption
> include ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

I am not sure if oe=no is in this version. Can you try that instead of
using that include?