[Openswan Users] Openswan Cisco Interoperability

Bholi Patra mad.max.mmx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 02:43:52 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a test setup consisting of a cisco router on one end and a linux
machine
running openswan 2.4.9.

The Cisco machine is configured to run in tunnel mode while openswan is
configured
for transport mode. Both use 3des and md5 for encryption and hash.

I see the following behaviour.
An ipsec tunnel comes up and I'm able to send ping packets to and from cisco
router.

Is it an expected behaviour? Shouldnt ipsec connection fail since the end
points are
operating in different mode?

Bholi.
--

My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.