[Openswan Users] Spam: Re: Help - WinXP l2tp over Ipsec into Openswan linux server

Bill Melotti Bill.Melotti at cognitomobile.com
Thu Apr 26 09:46:31 EDT 2007

Hi

My setup is still broken. I got a fresh kernel from kernel.org and
re-patched using instructions for 2.4 (make nattpatch...)

I had not done this step before, having used two files
openswan-2.4.7-klips-patch  and openswan-2.4.7-natt-patch.

It seems the difference is using the first method (as defined in README)
you get only a NATT option in kernel config and have to load a module
ipsec.o

Using the other files, seems to give a number of ipsec ooptions in
kernel and build everything into kernel.

However now with the new kernel booted and module loaded, setup exactly
the same, I get exactly same result. Tcpdump on ipsec0 reveals l2tp
packets coming in. The l2tpd daemon wakes from its select, but when it
call recvmsg, gets no data.

The l2tpd daemon is not bound to any interface and I have proved I can
wake it up and get errors messages about corrupt packets if I send dummy
udp packets to correct port on either 127.0.0.1 or my local Ethernet
address.

Can anyone help ?

Regards

Bill Melotti