[Openswan Users] Help - WinXP l2tp over Ipsec into Openswan linux server

Jacco de Leeuw jacco2 at dds.nl
Wed Apr 25 11:17:00 EDT 2007

Bill Melotti wrote:

> Does anyone have any ideas why traffic is not being delivered to
> processes?

Perhaps the L2TP daemon is bound to the internal interface and you
do not forward the packets from the ipsec0 interface to it? Or your
L2TP daemon is compiled for a tty type (BSD, Unix98) that your kernel
does not support?

> How can I tell if I am using KLIPS or NETKEY?

Check the Openswan startup messages in the logs (often /var/log/secure).
For example, "Using NETKEY IPsec interface code on 2.6.xxxx"

> any help would be greatly appreciated.

Some more info would be useful. Can you upload the output of
'ipsec barf > out.txt' somewhere, after you connected with the
Windows client?

Jacco
Jacco de Leeuw                         mailto:jacco2 at dds.nl