[Openswan Users] Unknown parameter name "ike"

steve.morard at epfl.ch steve.morard at epfl.ch
Wed Apr 25 03:57:45 EDT 2007

Hello !

I'm trying to connect to a remote gateway, but I get the message:

NO-PROPOSAL-CHOSEN

I guess that's because I didn't specify the algorithms in ipsec.conf. So I tried
to do that and now my ipsec.conf looks like that

version 2.0

config setup
        nat_traversal=yes

conn try
        left=172.18.112.7

        right=x.x.x.x
        rightsubnet=172.25.8.8/29

        pfs=yes
        auth=esp
        esp=aes128-md5,aes128-sha1
        ike=aes128-sha1-modp1024,aes128-md5-modp1024
        authby=secret

#Disable Opportunistic Encryption
include /etc/ipsec.d/examples/no_oe.conf

Unfortunately when I execute ipsec auto -add try, I get the following error:

ipsec_auto: fatal error in "toFT": (/etc/ipsec.conf, line 26) unknown parameter
name "ike"

Do you have any idea why the parameter ike is not recognized?

Thank you

Best regards

Steve