[Openswan Users] Issues with routing table on connection close

Yiannis Mavroukakis i.mavroukakis at btinternet.com
Thu Apr 19 07:25:36 EDT 2007

Apologies if this post appears twice, I didn't see the first one I sent
come up on the list.
#################################
Hello :)

I'm running Openswan 2.4.7 (klips) using the typical roadwarrior for
WinXP clients setup, utilising xl2tpd. I've got a connection for a
colleague coming offsite into the system. His machine is natted and he
connects and authenticates just fine. When this happens, an entry is
inserted into the routing table of the Openswan machine like so:

Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface
24.186.x.x   0.0.0.0         255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0
ipsec0
192.168.5.10    *               255.255.255.255 UH    0      0        0
ppp0

As soon as this happens, their office loses the ability to connect to
our office for the purposes of pop mail downloads etc. What compounds
the issue even further, is that once my colleague disconnects from the
VPN the 24.186.x.x routing entry is not wiped from the Openswan machine
tables! Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Yiannis.