[Openswan Users] Multiple WAN interface creates problem in LAN access

Utkarsh Shah utkarsh at elitecore.com
Fri Apr 20 00:59:13 EDT 2007

Hi,

Paul Wouters wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Utkarsh Shah wrote:
>

>> I am using openswan 2.4.5 on redhat linux 2.6.16.
>> I have 2 wan connectivity (eth1 & eth2).
>> When I try to make a connection on any interface it gets established
>> successfully but when I connect to 2nd inteface(eth2) unable to access
>> LAN, packets are coming on wrong interface. ie instead of ipsec1 it
>> comes on ipsec0.
>>

> I have heard more reports saying this.....

Any thing we can do for this ?? any work-around or temporary solution ??
I have to provide "always on" vpn connectivity between our branch offices.
At one of our branch office sometime have problem with Internet
connectivity.
Need to switch on second gateway when primary connection gets fail.
Is this problem is resolved in newer version ??
>> Can any one help me to understand "mode config" and can we implement
>> DHCP over IPSec ??
>>

> Upgrade to openswan 2.4.7 and read the man page for ipsec.conf to find
> out about all the xauth and modeconfig options. But it is probably
> easier to get openswan+xl2tpd working and do a native l2tp connection
> to get IP's assigned to your roadwarriros from your internal network.
>
> Paul

Regards,
Utkarsh Shah